Each year I like to put together a special 'reprise' edition of the Podcast in which I look back over the previous 12 months or so and select half a dozen of my favourite topics to create a special compilation. If you are a regular listener, you will hopefully enjoy hearing the chosen tracks again, and if you are coming fresh to the Podcast, it should give you a good flavour for what it is like. Here are my chosen topics:
- I discuss whether social media ever really delivers in terms of creating actual bookings or whether we are simply deluding ourselves
- cancellation clauses in performance contracts can cause more problems than they solve
- do you feel a bit uncomfortable performing for people who know you very well, such as family and friends? I look at why this might be
- when creating new magic, should you start with the effect or the method?
- is getting to the magic 'moment' as quickly as possible, always the right way to go?
- online booking agencies make for lazy enquiries and encourage potentially unfair price comparisons