March 31, 2016
You'd be an April Fool not to listen to the latest Podcast which covers...
- I look ahead to my latest
trip to the USA in April and anticipate the lectures and conventions
that I will be present at
- the demise of Paul Daniels leaves a huge
gaping hole in the magic scene
- my daughter experiences first hand an
issue that table magicians have to contend with
- I explain why it is
impossible to ever organise the perfect magic event
- announcing the
latest release in the Classic Leveridge Range
- have you ever considered
just how important the event at which you are entertaining is for those
present, or is it just your latest gig?
- what is it that makes you buy
a new magic trick, and do you need to be fooled by it first?
February 29, 2016
The March melange of magical musings includes....
- How I managed to make the Blackpool Convention relaxing!
- the challenges of performing close up for two blind people
- Magicseen is in its 12th year and now has a huge body of work to offer
- does it bother you when spectators are constantly fiddling with their phones while you are trying to entertain them?
- the advantages of getting most show enquiries by email
- the E-Club Pro 30 Day Pass
- what is acceptable as performance clothing and does it really matter?
January 31, 2016
Inside this month's audio treat....
- The Blackpool Convention
awaits but will have one small thing missing this year
- do you adapt
your presentation style according to who is in your audience?
magicians are SO lucky to be able to involve spectators in their acts
look at a number of reasons that may prevent you adding fresh material to your show
- new release Six Appeal has got off to a strong start
- the inhibiting
factor for close up of the quiet, small performance room
- I consider a response to one of the questions most commonly asked by spectators
- I reveal my favourite type of booking and explain why it is so great
December 31, 2015
Your New Year edition offers the following:
- How looking back over 2015
can help you to plan and evaluate what you'd like or need to do in 2016
- if you pass a booking you can't do to a magic colleague, do you expect
to get a cut of the fee?
- creativity for the long haul needs a managed
- new beginner magic workshops in 2016 at the Mark Leveridge
- reflections on the current healthy state of live magic
in the UK
- show and self promotion requires constant attention these
- do you ever fall into the Charity trap?
November 30, 2015
Lined up for your listening pleasure in this month's Podcast you will find:
- Cancelled bookings - how do
you deal with them?
- Craig Petty makes some interesting assertions
about what bookers should look for in a good close up worker
- I contend
that there is a lot of value in getting stimulus and ideas from outside
the magic world
- physical printed books can often have a 'history'
that E-Books simply can't match
- does being an older magician mean you
are less likely to get bookings for young peoples' events?
- why having a
mike and amplifier should be seen as essential for many types of show
October 31, 2015
November's Podcast offers you the following:
- The MLM Podcast gets over
5000 plays since last December
- getting the balance right between fee
levels and number of bookings
- the pressures on Dynamo as his big live
shows get underway
- are magicians getting more tolerant of their
performances being filmed by the public?
- E-Club Pro passes the 500
pages of content mark
- the fundamental difference between working at
dinner functions and at mix and mingle events
- magicians who do
business talks have the advantage
- from information scarcity to
September 30, 2015
Included in this edition of the Podcast...
- I report on the latest meeting of the Cumbrian Conjurers Collective
- when is a lecture NOT a lecture?
- I am surprised to discover that I have become the leader of the Labour party (!)
- learning from watching top presenter Steve Head
at the Entrepreneurs Circle national event
- new release DC's Rope
Routine proves a great success
- why is it that performers seem to
remember the bad shows more readily than the good ones?
- a special
birthday celebration trip means the MLM office will be closed for two weeks in October
- when the hardest people to entertain at a gig are the ones who have booked you
- I reflect on the positive influence magic can have on your life
August 31, 2015
In the September edition you will find:
- September lecture schedule
- the quantum leap from just 'doing' tricks to 'presenting' tricks
grapple with the simple task of getting a passport renewed
- why we
sometimes go blank when performing certain effects
- news on the MLM
- the single best way to prevent any problems with getting show
- how to increase the chances of your spectators remembering who
July 31, 2015
Topics covered in this summer issue are:
- Juan Mayoral's extraordinary comments from the stage at FISM in Rimini
- I get first hand evidence that children's magic is as popular as ever
- news about a new release in the Professional Worker Series of informational E-Books
- are telephone quotes for shows better than those sent via email? - I consider the pros and cons of both formats
- the funny things that kids say at shows
- Pat Fallon's article in the Magic Circular on
the problems that illness can cause performers leads me to consider what
it is that protects us from 'bugs'
- the MLM Academy training room is
now built and almost ready for use
- does your magic technique stand up to close scrutiny in bright sunlight?
June 30, 2015
The July Podcast covers the following:
- I report on an evening spent watching Paul Daniel's new Intimate Magic Show
- it seems that magic tricks happen in the minds of our spectators even when we don't
- preparations for the MLM Academy are well advanced
Raven is beaten by a dog - how fair is a competition where that is
- having a sense of your own performance value helps when
quoting show fees
- experts help Magicseen to aid performers to improve