January 31, 2016
Inside this month's audio treat....
- The Blackpool Convention
awaits but will have one small thing missing this year
- do you adapt
your presentation style according to who is in your audience?
magicians are SO lucky to be able to involve spectators in their acts
look at a number of reasons that may prevent you adding fresh material to your show
- new release Six Appeal has got off to a strong start
- the inhibiting
factor for close up of the quiet, small performance room
- I consider a response to one of the questions most commonly asked by spectators
- I reveal my favourite type of booking and explain why it is so great
December 31, 2015
Your New Year edition offers the following:
- How looking back over 2015
can help you to plan and evaluate what you'd like or need to do in 2016
- if you pass a booking you can't do to a magic colleague, do you expect
to get a cut of the fee?
- creativity for the long haul needs a managed
- new beginner magic workshops in 2016 at the Mark Leveridge
- reflections on the current healthy state of live magic
in the UK
- show and self promotion requires constant attention these
- do you ever fall into the Charity trap?
November 30, 2015
Lined up for your listening pleasure in this month's Podcast you will find:
- Cancelled bookings - how do
you deal with them?
- Craig Petty makes some interesting assertions
about what bookers should look for in a good close up worker
- I contend
that there is a lot of value in getting stimulus and ideas from outside
the magic world
- physical printed books can often have a 'history'
that E-Books simply can't match
- does being an older magician mean you
are less likely to get bookings for young peoples' events?
- why having a
mike and amplifier should be seen as essential for many types of show
October 31, 2015
November's Podcast offers you the following:
- The MLM Podcast gets over
5000 plays since last December
- getting the balance right between fee
levels and number of bookings
- the pressures on Dynamo as his big live
shows get underway
- are magicians getting more tolerant of their
performances being filmed by the public?
- E-Club Pro passes the 500
pages of content mark
- the fundamental difference between working at
dinner functions and at mix and mingle events
- magicians who do
business talks have the advantage
- from information scarcity to
September 30, 2015
Included in this edition of the Podcast...
- I report on the latest meeting of the Cumbrian Conjurers Collective
- when is a lecture NOT a lecture?
- I am surprised to discover that I have become the leader of the Labour party (!)
- learning from watching top presenter Steve Head
at the Entrepreneurs Circle national event
- new release DC's Rope
Routine proves a great success
- why is it that performers seem to
remember the bad shows more readily than the good ones?
- a special
birthday celebration trip means the MLM office will be closed for two weeks in October
- when the hardest people to entertain at a gig are the ones who have booked you
- I reflect on the positive influence magic can have on your life
August 31, 2015
In the September edition you will find:
- September lecture schedule
- the quantum leap from just 'doing' tricks to 'presenting' tricks
grapple with the simple task of getting a passport renewed
- why we
sometimes go blank when performing certain effects
- news on the MLM
- the single best way to prevent any problems with getting show
- how to increase the chances of your spectators remembering who
July 31, 2015
Topics covered in this summer issue are:
- Juan Mayoral's extraordinary comments from the stage at FISM in Rimini
- I get first hand evidence that children's magic is as popular as ever
- news about a new release in the Professional Worker Series of informational E-Books
- are telephone quotes for shows better than those sent via email? - I consider the pros and cons of both formats
- the funny things that kids say at shows
- Pat Fallon's article in the Magic Circular on
the problems that illness can cause performers leads me to consider what
it is that protects us from 'bugs'
- the MLM Academy training room is
now built and almost ready for use
- does your magic technique stand up to close scrutiny in bright sunlight?
June 30, 2015
The July Podcast covers the following:
- I report on an evening spent watching Paul Daniel's new Intimate Magic Show
- it seems that magic tricks happen in the minds of our spectators even when we don't
- preparations for the MLM Academy are well advanced
Raven is beaten by a dog - how fair is a competition where that is
- having a sense of your own performance value helps when
quoting show fees
- experts help Magicseen to aid performers to improve
May 31, 2015
In the June Podcast you will find:
USA tour de-brief in brief
do less magicians buy at conventions because they are buying all the
summer turns up the heat on performers
launch of the MLM Academy
should ANY topic be out of bounds for
the MLM audio books now available as downloads too
problems of eating when performing or travelling falls over meal times
Jamie Raven proves it's not what you do...
April 30, 2015
In this special edition of
the Podcast I take a look at three of the biggest issues facing any
entertainer who is considering turning full time pro. Ever wondered what
it's like earning your living from magic? Listen to this Podcast and
much will be revealed!